Free bets are often offered by bookmakers in order to encourage new players to sign up to their site or to reward existing customers. They essentially do exactly what they say on the tin, allowing you to place a bet without the need to stake any of your own money.
- What are the best bookmakers for free bets? There’s plenty of great bookmakers for free bets, just check out William Hill’s Bet £10 Get £30 free bet offer, or any of the others mentioned below!
- How do I find the best free bets? You can find great free bets as part of our in-depth betting site reviews.
- How do free bets work? Free bets reward players with cash to bet on sports, with specifics depending on their terms and conditions.
- What are the different types of free bet offers? There are so many different types of free bet promotions and welcome offers available at sportsbook sites.
- How do I claim my free bet? Usually, you can claim a free bet by registering and depositing a set amount, although some may offer deals without needing a deposit.
- Conclusion: Free bets exist to improve your betting experience and provide a way to enjoy a site without any additional risk
What are the best bookmakers for free bets?
When it comes to free betting offers, no deposit deals are quite rare. Most bookmakers will require you to at least register and make an initial deposit before they credit you with a free bet. However, with so many different betting sites to choose from, there are plenty of competitive deals out there which add plenty of value to your online gaming experience.
How do I find the best free bets?
There is no shortage of free bet offers out there, so it’s always worth choosing a bookmaker that is the best fit for you. Take a look at our list of bookmakers to discover which ones we recommend.
Tips from the professionals
- Always read the terms and conditions in full before signing up for a free bet offer.
- Choose a bookmaker that is a good fit for you in terms of their betting and promotional offerings.
- Register with the bookmaker, making sure to enter any promo codes.
- Make your initial deposit at the minimum deposit amount or above. Double check that the payment method you use does not disqualify you from the free bet offer.
- Place a qualifying bet that meets the minimum odds requirement.
- Wager your free bet within the time limit.
How do free bets work?
Free bets are pretty self-explanatory. They are when an online sportsbook offers players a chance to place a wager on their site without any monetary risk. However, these are of course not unlimited nor without terms and conditions, and they will almost certainly have a maximum payout amount, alongside things like wagering requirements and minimum deposit requirements.
While there are some free first bet no deposit deals, most betting sites will require you to at least register and make a minimum deposit amount. Some will also require you to input a promotional code and place a qualifying bet with minimum odds. Once you have met the criteria, they will then credit your account with free bets worth a certain value that you can then place on the sport and event of your choice.
Alternatively, a sportsbook may offer a risk-free bet. This means that if you place a bet on their site and this bet loses, they will refund the total amount of your original bet.
What are the different types of free bet offers?
Free bets are one of the most popular types of promotions offered by bookmakers. However, there is a wide variety of different free bet types out there and which ones are available will vary depending on the bookmaker.
Here is a quick overview of the different types of free bet promotions that you may come across when wagering online;
- Matched Bonus: Sign up and place your first bet. You will receive a matched bet of the same value.
- Risk Free Bet: The bet you place will be refunded if you lose.
- ‘Bet £10, Get £30’: This type of offer will reward you with free bets of a specific value after your first bet has been placed.
- 200% and 300% First Bet Bonus: This type of bonus will double or treble the value of your first bet.
- Treble Odds Free Bet Bonus: The odds on your first bet will be trebled, with the extra profit being paid as free bets.
- No Deposit Free Bet: This offers you a free first bet with no deposit required after you sign up to the bookmaker site.
- Money Back Specials: Free bets are credited to your account as refunds if your bet falls under a special offer. For example, it could be if a football match ends in a 0-0 draw.
How do I claim my free bet?
Once you have found a free bet offer that takes your fancy, it’s important that you assess its value and take the steps required for you to redeem the bonus successfully. Here is our step-by-step guide to help you make the most of free bets.
Read the terms and conditions
Before taking advantage of any sportsbook promotions, it is highly recommended that you read through the terms and conditions in full. Pay attention to any promotional code that needs to be entered in order to redeem the free bet. If you fail to enter this, then you won’t be entitled to any bonus at all.
While bookies are rarely restrictive about their free bets, some do require you to make a qualifying bet. Check this, as well as the minimum odds that are required on your qualifying bet. These are usually around 1.50 or greater. There could also potentially be other requirements, such as the number of bets you need to make before you can withdraw your funds. Other potential restrictions could include the sport, event or bet type you can wager on.
Register at the bookmaker
If the terms and conditions all sound good to you, then the next step is to register an account with the bookmaker. This process will require you to enter some personal and account details. It is usually very simple and only takes a minute or two.
Remember that some bookmakers require a bonus code before you can claim the no deposit free bet bonus, so ensure you enter any promotional codes at this stage.
Make a deposit
If the free bet promotion requires you to make a deposit, then make sure you at least meet the minimum amount that is stated in the terms and conditions. Many bookmakers offer various different payment methods but double check that the deposit method you use does not disqualify you from the free bet offer. For example, bonus offers are rarely available to customers who use Skrill, Neteller or Paysafe as their deposit method.
Place a qualifying wager
Next, go ahead and place a qualifying bet on the bookmaker’s site using the funds you have deposited. Ensure that this wager is at the odds required for the promotion and is not on any restricted sports or events.
Use your free bet within the set time frame
Once your free bet has been credited to your player account, then you can wager it without having to worry about spending any more of your own money.
When receiving a no deposit promotion, it can usually be used on any sport you prefer. There are also unlikely to be limits on the markets that you can place your bet on. Your free bet can be on the full-time result, over/under 2.5 goals in a match or even the first goal scorer in a match. Just make sure that you place the free bet within any stated time frame to avoid missing out on the bonus.
Free bets are a great way to explore bookmaker sites without any added monetary risk, giving you a little extra bang for your buck. Simply follow our advice here to make sure you get the most out of these generous promotional offers.