Highest scoring half is a very popular betting market. Goals win games, there is no denying that! But does going 1-0 before half time make you vulnerable? Or do you have a slight advantage? Depending on when you score can heavily affect the balance of the game. That's why highest-scoring half is a market people love to wager on.
Being able to predict this market can be often down to luck, however, were looking to make you a lucky punter as we give you our experts tips, statistics, and prediction for this market to help guide you through. Use this guide to your advantage so that next time you come to bet on highest scoring half, you don't miss a trick!
What's in this article
Highest Scoring Half Tips
Being prepared when it comes to betting is super important. By taking your time to research the market and look at current statistics can help guide you to the winning formula. Our panel of experts have compelled some betting tips in order to help you successfully make some money!
DO YOUR RESEARCH
- Goals can be scored at any point in a match, however statistically speaking goals tend to follow certain patterns. A quick look at statistics from previous matches will tell you when times are most likely to score and concede. By looking at team statistics you can build a good idea of when they are likely to score.
- Away team defensive record will always play an important role, make sure to check this out!
TAKE A RISK
- First half tends to pay out more if you can predict an early goal your rewards will be higher!
- Away team tends to score fewer goals if you can predict they will get on the score sheet the bookies will reward this!
- Building an accumulator will increase your odds. Although it is more of a risk it will reward you with financial gain
- Last minutes bets are risky, take your time and use the resources available to build your bets. Most bookies offer markets weeks in advance of matches so there is plenty of time to build your bets!
- Following trends is vital in this market. By following the trend and backing yourself consistently will sooner or later pay dividends. Clubs use statistics on a daily basis and they are readily available all over the internet so why not use them?
Home/Away Team Highest Scoring Statistics
For our statistical gamblers out there, there is an emerging trend that unfolds within this market. In nearly all the leagues across Europe the majority of goals fall within the second half of the match. Although this doesn't guarantee anything, it should make you aware of the importance of statistics when it comes to betting.
TOP 3 HIGHEST SCORING HALF STATS (2019 Season)
- Super League in China saw 55.62% of goals scored in the second half compared to 24.37% in the first half.
- League 2 in France saw 60% of goals scored in the second half compared to 10% in the first half.
- 2 Bundesliga in Germany 66.66% of goals by the home team were scored in the second half
The general rule of thumb in this market is that the home team will score more goals in each half, and the second half will produce more goals than the first. However this is football, remember anything is possible!
Make use of stats sites in order to build up some knowledge on this market.
What are the likely odds?
- Prices will tend to vary in this market depending on the quality of the away team involved, goal scoring and previous defensive records. Bookies often compete intensely on the price of home team markets, especially when it comes to high profile games. This can be an extremely easy market to predict if you pick your trends correctly! Always remember in markets like this the power of statistics
- The overall value of these odds is relatively small as there are only three possible outcomes, first half, second half, or even. Therefore you can expect to find odds on average of around 1/3 , however, these will vary on a game by game basis. However since there are only three possible outcomes, its extremely likely you will be able to select the correct result.
- If youre looking to increase the value of this bet, then we would advise that by selecting a few home team highest-scoring half results into an accumulator. This will allow you to increase your potential returns, but of course, that does come at a risk!
What is Home/Away Team Highest Scoring Half?
This betting market challenges the punter to carefully select which half of the game the home team will score the most number of goals in. The home team highest-scoring half is part of the home team betting market. It’s a pretty understandable bet, but just so your familiar we will make it even simpler. Think of it like this, will the home team score more goals in the first half, the second half, or will the two halves produce an equal amount / no goals?
The general consensus from bookmakers is that the home team has a slight advantage, and most statistics show that games tend to exchange more goals in the second half than the first. So if you're looking for a nice safe bet to earn some easy money home team highest-scoring half (second) would be the selection for you. But that’s not all this market has to offer!
The majority of leading bookmakers should have this market available both pre-match and live betting. You will also find some similar markets to this such as highest scoring half, The total goals scored by the home team will be compared and will be settled as a win or lost. The selection you will have to choose from will be first half / second half / even.
Away Team Highest Scoring Half explained
What is Home / Away Team Highest Scoring Half Accumulator?
An accumulator is a selection of single bets multiplied into a larger bet. All results must be correct in order for this to pay out. Accumulators are able to yield much higher returns, as they contain more results which increases the risk of one result becoming unsuccessful.
If after doing your research you feel like you are able to select five or more teams and predict which half will contain more goals, you could be on for a nice bit of profit at the end of the day. The more teams you include in your accumulator the higher your profit margins will be. Don’t forget you have 3 selections to choose from ‘first half’ ‘second half’ or ‘even.
Example of Home/Away Team Highest Scoring Half?
Let’s take Manchester United vs Chelsea as our example. Let’s say you wager £10 free bet from Betfair and place it on ‘first half’ home team highest scoring half. The below results would mean that you are successful;
- Manchester United 1-0 Chelsea HT Manchester United 1-0 Chelsea FT
- Manchester United 2-0 Chelsea HT Manchester United 2-0 Chelsea FT
- Manchester United 2-2 Chelsea HT Manchester United 2-3 Chelsea FT
- Manchester United 3-1 Chelsea HT Manchester United 3-4 Chelsea FT
The following results would mean your bet would be unsuccessful;
- Manchester United 0-0 Chelsea HT Manchester United 0-0 Chelsea FT
- Manchester United 1-1 Chelsea HT Manchester United 1-1 Chelsea FT
- Manchester United 0-0 Chelsea HT Manchester United 1-0 Chelsea FT
- Manchester United 0-1 Chelsea HT Manchester United 2-1 Chelsea FT
- Manchester United 0-2 Chelsea HT Manchester United 3-2 Chelsea FT
- Manchester United 0-3 Chelsea HT Manchester United 1-3 Chelsea FT
As you can see from the results above, if Manchester United fail to score at all, or they score more goals in the second half compared to the first, your bet will be unsuccessful. Fans across the world, would expect their team to score if playing at home, but this isn’t always the case! There is also a high chance that they will score more goals in the second half of the match compared to the first. Why? Usually becomes teams begin to tire, and as the clock runs down finding that all important winning goal becomes more crucial.
However, this is football, anything can happen, at any minute, of any half!